PrincipalTom Anderson has over 25 years of experience in Enterprise Architecture and Software Development spanning Health Care, Financial Services, Property Casualty Insurance, Mobile and e-commerce verticals. Tom brings an innovative edge that balances process discipline, new ideas and risk management in an Agile/DevOps environment. Tom has extensive experience in Process management and improvement, Technology Re-engineering, Six-Sigma, Vendor Management, Software Development (Waterfall, Agile and DevOps), Technology Operation, Engineering and Enterprise Architecture.
Tom has managed large software development organizations consisting of on-shore, near-shore and off-shore delivery locations utilizing open source, Unix, Windows, Linux and Mainframe technologies. Tom’s achievements include:
- Developed a reusable platform architecture for cashless payment products bringing the richness of mobile web and e-commerce to legacy back-office systems.
- Led an Agile transformation for a global engineering and software development organization.
- Implemented a repeatable automated regression test bed which increased quality and delivery velocity.
- Advanced the ITIL V3 implementation for a major financial services organization, introducing configuration management and enhanced incident and problem management processes.
- As CTO for Half.com, managed delivery of specialized seller tools, introduced efficiencies resulting in meeting delivery objectives for 6 straight quarters and maintained employee turnover under 5% during a business shutdown.
- As Director of Solution Architecture, directed client assessments and produced evaluations for for all e-Business Solution projects. Managed project planning, estimation, and delivery of projects. Responsible P&L for solutions center projects. Projects delivered using waterfall, RUP and Rapid Prototyping methods as appropriate. Successfully managed delivery of over 40 projects on time and within budget.
- Led systems design for a MVS to Client/Server migration.
- Project Architect and lead for COBOL, CICS and DB2 for insurance billing and payment processing.
- Software designer and engineer for COBOL and CISC property casualty insurance and billing system.
Tom holds a Masters of Science in Information Systems and Software Engineering from Drexel University and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from West Chester University. Tom is also Six-Sigma Green Belt Certified.