Sally Stap has over 25 years of extensive experience in the pharmaceutical Information Technology field. She has a proven record as a results-driven global leader and consultant for applications development, infrastructure operations, clinical trial research, systems compliance and IT consolidation in support of mergers and acquisitions. Sally specializes in IT sourcing strategy, bringing to clients a broad base encompassing all aspects of IT operations.
While with WGroup, Sally has led or provided significant support for:
- Financial business case, RFI and RFP for the outsourcing of SAP maintenance support for a major beverage distribution company. A solid relationship was established with the service provider, providing short-term support at a savings.
- Outsourcing of infrastructure services for a pharmaceutical manufacturer, including: data center operations, help desk, desk-side support, PC lifecycle management, problem resolution and third-level production support and operations engineering. The validation of the environment added a layer of complexity to the evaluation and decision-making process. The 7-year agreement provided service level improvements and cost savings.
- Interim leadership for a pharmaceutical distributor through the transition period for the outsourced implementation of infrastructure and application support. Sally aided in easing the transition by providing expertise on establishing governance, preparing for transition and bridging contract intent with IT operations implementation.
Prior to joining WGroup, Sally led several initiatives at Covance, Pharmacia Corporation and Trilogy Consulting Corporation that encompassed:
- Outsourcing mainframe, telecom and NOC and an initiative to in-source help desk services
- Implementing a full global infrastructure outsourcing model for 24 locations
- Leading the development of a staff augmentation organization, which provided SAS programming and medical review services for clinical trials
Sally led the post-merger, infrastructure operation integration for two large pharmaceutical companies when Pharmacia & Upjohn merged with Monsanto-Searle. This initiative included the integration of in-sourced and outsourced models for service delivery, including:
- Management of global merger integration teams for rapid integration of networks and email
- Leading a global project to redesign a desktop environment for 45,000 client workstations
- Completing negotiations and implementation of a restructured outsourcing agreement for managed services in North America for telecom and network services
- Leading a global team to develop an RFP for Wide Area Network as well as a project to qualify networks at 23 sites in response to an FDA 483 observation
Sally executed global systems compliance activities and guidance, including infrastructure qualification, application validation and disaster recovery. Providing consistency in regulatory audits, she developed and implemented a governance model, which included cross-functional corporate positions and programs for qualification, IT standards and disaster recovery.
Sally’s application development experience includes general management for Pharmacia & Upjohn Application Services. While leading centers of excellence programs for SAP, BPCS, data warehousing and project management, Sally worked across global teams to achieve common data definitions, processes and life-cycle support models.
Sally holds a BS from Western Michigan University in computer science. Additionally, Sally has academic knowledge in infrastructure management and global leadership from MIT and Thunderbird Universities.