PrincipalLaurie Roys has invested more than twenty years across a wide range of industries, enabling private, mid-sized and Fortune 500 organizations to achieve their strategic objectives. Her proven expertise spans strategic planning through divestiture or optimization of continuing operations.
Prior to WGroup, Laurie was CEO of Roys Consulting Services Ltd, a management consulting services firm. She worked with numerous clients on strategy planning, Enterprise Project Management Office, Launch/Recovery, Organizational and Human Change Management, Governance and Risk Management, Vendor Management Office Launch/Recovery, Program and Project Management.
Laurie’s ability to determine the right needs of her clients enabled her to drive positive change and exceptional ROI in all of her engagements. Linking strategy to execution, she helped to define and manage organizations’ project portfolio to achieve strategic objectives and maximize return on project investment. As a program and project delivery expert, she leveraged proven best practices to deliver high-quality solutions within budgetary and schedule constraints. She provided organizational change support by preparing clients for transformation, and implemented the structure necessary to support lasting change.
Laurie is a former corporate executive known for leading with integrity and driving results. Some of Laurie’s previous roles include Vice President, Enterprise Project Management Office at CUNA Mutual Group, Enterprise/ Shared Services PMO at Assurant, Enterprise PMO at RTI, Senior Director of Enterprise PMO and Business Analysis at Thomson Reuters, and Vice President at JPMorgan Chase.
Throughout her positions, Laurie was always recognized as a leader and change agent in the organization. She established and led the following disciplines at the enterprise level:
- Strategic planning
- Vendor selection and relationship management
- Risk management, governance, compliance
- Project management offices reporting to CFO, COO, CAO
- Organizational change management
Laurie established and led the following IT functions:
- Project management offices reporting to CIO
- Business analysis, six sigma
- Release management
- Quality assurance
- Service desk, all tiers
- Drove 10% from operating budget in a single year
- Increased human resource utilization from 35% to 107%
- Hired and developed award-winning teams, including two President’s Club and four All-Star award recipients
- Improved employee satisfaction by 13%
- Representative performance metrics
- All projects delivered on time
- Projects beat budgetary targets by 6%
- Schedule and budget forecast accuracy 91%, 11% above goal
- Average project duration (i.e. speed to market) beat targets by 25%
Laurie has an MBA from Isenberg School of Management, UMass Amherst. She has a BBA with a major in accounting from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is certified in Advanced Qualification – Project Management Office from the Project Management Institute and holds a PMP license. She is fluent in Spanish, and has been committed for forty-years to community service as a supporter and volunteer.
Laurie personally led numerous high-risk programs: construction, merger and acquisition, business case development, custom application development, packaged application implementation and integration, Six Sigma/process re-engineering, infrastructure, new product development.Results included disciplines at the enterprise level: