Denis Desjardins has more than 25 years of experience in Information Systems—in diversified manufacturing, telecommunications and consulting businesses. His strengths include IT governance, outsourcing relationship development and program management. Denis maintains a particular specialty in on-going outsourcing relationship management and relationship remediation and has interests in IT environmental sustainability initiatives.
His portfolio of engagements includes:
- Development of sourcing strategies and management of the outsourcing process for companies in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, transportation and consumer products
- Restructuring and renegotiation of outsourcing relationships in response to changes in business conditions or technology needs
- Establishment of program management offices to oversee acquisition and divestiture activity and implement process improvement initiatives
- Development and implementation of Vendor Management capabilities
- Organizational design and change implementation
Before joining WGroup, Denis was a consultant with aligne, Inc., a premier outsourcing advisory firm. While with aligne, he assisted clients in developing IT service delivery strategies, establishing new outsourcing relationships, restructuring existing relationships, establishing program management offices and managing merger and acquisition activities.
Prior to joining aligne, Denis was a Director, Enterprise Services with Textron Inc. In this role, he had enterprise-wide responsibility for supplier relationship development and management, telecommunications and Internet operations and corporate business applications. Prior to assuming the Enterprise Services role, Denis had responsibility for developing and executing Textron’s service delivery strategy, which focused on leveraging best-in-class suppliers through the establishment of outsourcing and other long-term supplier relationships. He negotiated outsourcing agreements with AT&T, covering Textron’s global networking operations, and with EDS and IBM, covering desktop and data center operations in the US, Canada, Europe and Singapore. In addition, Denis participated in the development of a business process outsourcing relationship covering Textron’s benefits administration function. During his tenure with Textron, Denis also held various management positions within Information Systems.
Denis is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island (BS, MS) and completed Textron’s Executive Development Program conducted by the Harvard Business School.