The best performing shared services operations go beyond cost efficiency and service effectiveness and focus on delivery value to the business. As part of their brand and value proposition to their internal customers, these shared services operations make “customer engagement” a critical component of their shared services strategy and delivery model.
Five simple yet informative reasons why customer engagement is so important:
- Clarity on what work is truly valuable and important to the customer
- Mutual understanding of the customer’s needs for service and information
- Creation of a culture where the customer feels “ownership” of services being delivered
- Incorporation of the customer’s perspective and experience in service improvement
- Prioritization of workload through demand management