Principal Consultant, Application Development
Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania, United States
The Principal Consultant, Applications Transformation will be responsible for supporting and leading client engagements focused transformation of applications development functions. The candidate must have significant experience in leading application development operations, and must also possess a well-developed competency in using software to solve business problems.
The Principal Consultant assists and leads in the development of strategy and assessments, project plans, vendor selections, financial modeling, contract creation, contract negotiations, governance activities specifically related to application development and maintenance services and post selection implementation, management and administrative actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related, Master's Degree or MBA preferred
- 20+ years recent experience with consulting engagements or with large consulting firm or specialty practice related to the outsourcing industry.
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Experience focused on transformation aspects including shared services, operational improvement and outsourcing/offshoring.
- 10+ years' experience in the development and support of applications.
- Knowledge of Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers of application development and maintenance services.
- Knowledge of both near and off-shore solutions for ADM services
- Experience with technical and financial optimization solutions related to development, testing, and production applications support organizations
- Thorough knowledge of ADM sourcing contract terms and conditions
- Practice development experience, including sales and marketing collateral development, IP development and solution development.
- Delivery management experience, including managing teams at all project phases, successful client relationship management and multi-project oversight.
- Ability to do both strategic assessment and transactional consulting at senior levels. Understands full sourcing lifecycle.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including senior leaders.